About Russell Harris
Russell’s career spans 30 years as a professional musician, songwriter and performer in Northern Queensland, Australia.
- Diploma of Music, Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University (formerly the Queensland Conservatorium of Music)
Russell was born and raised in Cairns completed formal education at Queensland Conservatorium of Music – spent 6 years on the road with rock bands “State of Mind”, “Moto – X” & “Russell Harris Band” – has played on many recent recordings by various artists and currently performs in many styles, as solo duo or band and teaches voice/Brass instruments and musicianship to many up and coming north Queensland performers..
Russell suits almost any venue and shines at Corporate Events and Weddings. Of course he is still available for smaller performances (Restaurants, Clubs, Bars). Having done music for almost any themed event, Russell has some great ideas for almost any occasion. Some of the diverse performances Russell has done over the years include:
- Solo Trumpet entrances (on beach or cathedral) for the bride at wedding ceremonies
- Solo Acoustic Guitar and Vocals performances (wedding ceremonies, pre dinners, Receptions, pub and club performances)
- Rock band supports for major artists
- Organising and rehearsal/performance of big bands for themed events and even Australian Indigenous and PNG funk highlight sets with the big band
Russell has played on many other Australian artists albums/recordings including renowned indigenous performer David Hudson, Songwriter Andy Collins, Aria winner Seaman Dan, Drewz and Tribe of Jubal albums. Live bands he has formed or played in include State of Mind, Russell Harris Band, Hip Fidelity and Tectonic Big Band.
Russell has completed 2 solo albums of original material entitled Simple Life and Survivor and has been main artist on the Naked Melody album (Australian Sun Records) which features the Flugelhorn.
You can catch Russell fronting one of Australia’s most versatile cover bands Tectonic, delivering a full-on Rock show with the Russell Harris Band or unplugged with the acoustic guitar performing his own compositions, but he is most renowned in Northern Australia as a vibrant solo entertainer covering almost any vocal style.
Whether at a special event, original performance, wedding or function, Russell’s professionalism and dedication to the show shines through.